8. Document Change History
The Explanatory Supplement to the WISE All-Sky Data Release Products
is a living document. It will be updated regularly to
provide users with the most current descriptions and analyses of
WISE data products. The most up-to-date version of the Supplement
is always accessible as a hypertext document at:
This page documents, by date, changes to the Supplement since the
initial publication on 2012 March 14.
- 2018 May 31 - Updated the description of the
profile-fitting photometry process in section
IV.4.c.iii to include discussion of why
the quoted flux uncertainties may not accurately reflect true uncertainties
for measurements with large reduced chi-squared goodness-of-fit values.
- 2018 April 16 - Added section IV.5.d that describes the updated Moving Object detection processing (WMOPS)
using Second-pass processing output from the cryogenic WISE data that takes
advantage of the improved survey calibrations and better characterized
astrometry and photometry.
- 2017 August 7 - Added additional discussion of W4 flux
calibration discrepancies and alternative bandpass information from the literature
- 2017 June 8 - Updated Data Access sections
I.3, VII.1.c and
VIII.1.c to include bulk download
instructions for the Single-exposure Source Databases.
- 2016 May 31 - Added the average compression ratios
for the WISE image data achieved by the on-board Rice compression to
- 2016 February 24 - Added section IV.4.g.iv.1.e that describes the focal plane position
dependence on the strength and duration of short-term bright source latent
images in the W2 band.
- 2013 October 24 - Added links to gzip'd tar files
containing the 9x9 grid of PSFs used for profile-fit source extraction
to section IV.4.c.iii.1.
- 2013 July 21 - Description of the w?frtr
columns updated in sections II.2.a and
VII.2.a.i. Description of the
qi_fact column updated in sections
- 2013 May 22 - Complete update of section VIII,
documenting the 2013 NEOWISE Post-Cryo Data Release.
- 2013 February 26 - Updated section IV.4.c.iii.6 describing flux variability
estimation and the derivation of the variability flag.
- 2012 December 28 - Updated sections I.4.d.iii.6 and
with a discussion of the origin of the profile-fit photometry
flux underestimation bias.
- 2012 August 20 - Updated sections IV.4.h.iii, IV.4.h.iv and
VII.3.g to distinguish better
the photometric instrumental zero points used to calibrate the
All-Sky Release and 3-Band Cryo Single-exposure Source Database and Images
from those used for the All-Sky Release Source Catalog, Reject Table and
Atlas Images and 3-Band Cryo Source Working Database and Atlas Images.
- 2012 July 30 - Added section VIII, documenting
the NEOWISE Post-Cryo Preliminary Data Release.
- 2012 July 27 - Added downloadable tables containing the correlated pixel
noise photometry corrections corresponding to Figures 1-4 in section II.3.f.i.
- 2012 July 27 - Updated the 3-Band Cryo Single-exposure bit map
definitions in Table 3 in section
- 2012 July 5 - Corrected the description of the energy-based relative
system response (RSR) curves in the caption to Figure 5b in section IV.4.h.v. The RSRs were
previously and incorrectly called photon-counting RSRs.
- 2012 June 29 - Added section VII, documenting
the WISE 3-Band Cryo Data Release.
- 2012 June 29 - Deployed new Table of Contents with streamlined layout
and expandable section titles.
- 2012 April 6 - Added link to the IRSA site for bulk download of the
All-Sky Release Catalog to section I.3.
- 2012 March 14 - Explanatory Supplement initial publication
Last update: 2018 May 31